2021 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN AND CLOSE 2 FEBRUARY 2021
The Iolanthe Student Awards help pre-registration midwifery students with the costs of attending study days, taking up elective placements or for projects to improve local services. Awards are also available for midwives who are returning to practice to help cover the costs involved.
About the Iolanthe Student Awards
- Awarded annually
- Worth up to £1000
- For pre-registration midwifery students
- Also open to Return to Practice midwives
- Black and Brown student midwives can apply for a Dora Opoku Student Award at the same time
Is your project eligible?
Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, this award is limited in 2021 to
- Elective placements within the UK
- Courses to gain skills or knowledge.
- Travel and attendance at study days or conferences in the UK.
- Small research project or to ideas to improve local maternity services.
- Return to Practice applicants need to have been accepted on an NMC approved RtP course and who have the support of an NHS Trust or Board for practice hours.
Please note we will not be funding overseas placements in 2021.
See What do we fund? for more information
Louise Downie, a student midwife from the University of the West of Scotland, who will be going on a RCM Accredited course on perineal suturing for midwives.
Stacey Malone, from the University of Hertfordshire, will be travelling with three colleagues to attend an Appropriate Skills for Appropriate Places (ASAP) Workshop in Wales.