Run (or walk...) the London Marathon - virtually!
Yes - you could experience joining in the London Marathon 2021. As well as the Virgin Money London Marathon live event in the streets of London, there is an option for runners to take part 'virtually' on 3 October 2021. There are lots of great benefits:
- You can run wherever you want, apart from the crowds and no need to come to London
- a whole 24 hours (from midnight to midnight) to complete the 26.2 miles, however you want to do that
- Track yourself on the Official Virgin Money London Marathon App, seeing your progress as if running on the London route, with an exclusive audio commentary featuring famous voices, to experience the excitement of the live event
- Receive the exclusive London Marathon finisher t-shirt and medal
- The pledge amount for fundraising is only £250 - much smaller than our required pledge for a real place, but still very important to the work of Iolanthe Midwifery Trust
Completing the London Marathon is an unforgettable lifetime achievement. It could make an especially positive end to 2021 after the challenges of the pandemic. Those who persevere through training and make it to the finish know that, with a little discipline, they can achieve their dreams!
In addition to personal achievement, the funds raised by Iolanthe runners also make a big difference to maternal outcomes and experiences for babies and their mothers.
To reserve a place or find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If you would like to run in the Live Event in London, see our London Marathon page