At Iolanthe Midwifery Trust we take your privacy very seriously. This page explains what data we collect, what we do with it, where it is stored and processed and who else might have access to it.
Please also see our Terms and Conditions
Iolanthe Midwifery Trust is registered with the Information Commission’s Office as required by the Data Protection Act 1998. We have a data protection policy to ensure that your data is collected and used fairly and transparently and that we adhere to current data protection legislation. If you need to contact us about your data, please get in touch with our Executive Director via our Contact Us page
When you use the Iolanthe website we use Google Analytics to assist with monitoring, and identifying areas of the site that can be improved. Your personal details are not tracked and you cannot be directly identified by the information we collect but it may include your IP address. Cookies from Google Analytics may stay on your device for up to two years unless you delete them.
By giving us your name and email address on our website:
- You agree that we can contact you from time to time with information and news about the Iolanthe Midwifery Trust. This contact may include requests for donations or fundraising, or to ask for your feedback about aspects of Iolanthe and its activities.
- You agree that that we can store your name and contact details electronically and securely within our organisation or on a cloud platform service such as Google G Suite which is certified for compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, for the purpose of contacting you with information about Iolanthe Midwifery Trust.
You have the right:
- To see the data we hold on you and to be given more information about how we use it.
- To request at any time that we do not contact you or to have your data deleted. You can do this by unsubscribing to emails that we send you or by asking us to delete your data which we will do without undue delay.
- To have inaccurate or incomplete data corrected or completed.
We will not share your details with third parties for the purpose of marketing or other communications.
If you donate to Iolanthe Midwifery Trust, you will be asked for permission to have your contact details shared with us. If you agree, we will store and use your details as described above as if you had signed up for our newsletter and you will have the same rights to stop us contacting you and to have your data deleted.
Our online award application system makes use of external platforms to store and process the data you submit. Some of these are located outside the EEA.
Our application forms are located on the Cognito Forms website. Our awards judging process makes use of Google G Suite. These two systems are integrated using Zapier.
By saving or submitting an application you are agreeing that your data can be stored and processed by Cognito, Zapier and G Suite in the United States of America. These platforms use servers which are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and which will comply with the provisions of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
Data will be held on Zapier for seven days and will then be deleted.
Data in submitted applications will be held by Cognito and G Suite for the purpose of judging the Iolanthe awards for up to one month after the awards have been announced. You have the right to have your data deleted before this date, but you will no longer be eligible for an award. Applications which are saved but not submitted will be deleted shortly after the closing date for applications but you can ask for them to be deleted before this by contacting us
If your award application is unsuccessful, we will only retain your data if you have agreed that we can do this on the application form. If this is the case, your data will be held as described in Signing up to our Newsletter above.
If your award application is successful we will make further arrangements with you regarding the storage and processing of your data in order to be able to administer the awards.
You can find out more about how your data is held by Cognito, G Suite and Zapier using the following links: